Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Authentic vs Rep LV Damier Ebene Speedy 30


Here is an awesome comparison review by Mandy. I just love seeing reps next to their authentic counterparts especially when the reps look just as good as it does here.

Thanks to Mandy for such a detailed review!

*******************************************************************************

Mandy's Review:

Hi 5hong, I recently purchased from Sandy of SimpleAAA (WWDD) & I just recieved this replica Damier Ebene Speedy 30 which will be a Christmas present for my mom since she saw my authentic Ebene Speedy 30 & said she wanted the replica version of it.

I have purchased from 9starbag & from Joy & have been pleased with both of them but figured I would give Sandy a try since they accept Paypal.

The replica is the regular quality speedy & it was $120 with shipping & I must say I'm SO impressed, it was definitely worth every red cent lol! Also, Sandy is so kind & a joy to work with although, you must give him/her a few days to respond because of the volume of emails they have to deal with but I'm a fairly patient person.

I have enclosed 23 pictures (sorry I tried to keep it to a minimum) for comparrison with my authentic...Sandy's speedy is personally the best replica speedy I have ever seen! I had purchased 1 other replica speedy before from Lily Regland (I told you of her & how she tries to sell her bags as real) but rehomed it because I was unhappy with the glaring flaws. Sandy is definitely worth buying from ladies!

In this 1st pic, the authentic is on the left & the replica is on the right. The authentic looks bigger because there is more stuffing in it & the folds from the replica being shipped have not relaxed yet. They are the same size really.

I was also impressed with how the replica's canvas looks & feels...it's just like the authentic in texture & thickness! If I were to close my eyes & feel them I wouldn't be able to tell them apart!


This pic is to show how close the color matches, remember, real bags vary in shade too as they are from different dye lots. Like snowflakes, no 2 bags regardless of authenticity will be exactly the same. I can assure you, the logo placement on the replica's canvas is spot on to the authentic which is pictured on the left.

Authentic zipper pull on the left, replica on the right. It was very difficult to hold them side by side to photograph them. The differences I noticed are the replica's zipper pull doesn't taper as much at the bottom as the authentic & the hole is placed a little too low. I am impressed with the replica zipper pull because most have the hole much lower even & way too small but this one is the best I have seen on a replica. When trying to determine if a speedy is real, I always look at the zipper pull & this one would have me fooled if it were not right next to the real one.



The backside of the authentic zipper pull.



The backside of the replica zipper pull.



My authentic speedy is from 2013 & made in the USA so it has the cloth tag & they have done away with the made in stamp on the leaf. It Just says Louis Vuitton Paris.



The replica speedy has the classic Louis Vuitton Paris made in France stamp & the font & depth of the stamping is on par with the authentic. There is the number 30 on the underside of the tab & it looks on par with the authentic I can assure you!



ALL the hardware on both bags are identical to one another but there is a slight difference between the size of the leather tabs which affix the handles to the bag. The number of stiches on the tabs are a perfect match to the authentic but on the replica the leather handle tabs are a bit wider. This would not be noticed without having the 2 side by side.



The authentic handle tab measures about 1 & a half inches from the widest point. 
 


The replica handle tab measures nearly 1 & 3/4" from the widest point so there is roughly 1/4 inch difference in the size. Most replica speedies I have seen have the tabs too small & narrow so this actually looks better than most replicas.



Leather tabs inside the bag. The real is on the left & the replica is on the right. You can see the replica's tabs are slightly wider. Again, most replica speedies I have seen have the tabs too thin & narrow. 



 The authentic bag. 



The replica bag. The D-ring looks a little bigger then the real one in this pic but in real life they appear to be the same size & thickness. 



It was very hard to photograph the locks side by side without removing them from the bags. The replica came with a shiny lock & keys however there is still a difference with the real & the replica. The real one is more substantial & slightly bigger & has a more golden yellow tone. The replica lock (pictured on the right also has a different number on the bottom & also a hole in front of the keyhole. Not sure what that is for. Anyways, you can always buy a real lock & key set from Louis Vuitton, I believe they told me it was $38.



This is the real lock, it says Louis Vuitton Paris.  



The replica lock. This says Louis Vuitton Paris made in France. The real one did not have made in France engraved on it however my real speedy was made in the USA so maybe the MIF ones do have that, I'm not certain. 



Comparison of the flap pockets. The lining in the 2 bags are the same color, my lighting was off. They are the same size & shape & the same on the inside. There is really no difference really except, maybe the replica (on the right) has slightly thicker leather trim outlining the opening. It is negligible to say the least. 



 The date code tabs in the authentic speedy. 



The date code tabs in the replica. The format & the letters are correct & correspond to the location on the "made in" stamp. I was also impressed with font & the code reads as VI1123 which would mean Made in France in the 12th week of 2013. 



The replica is pictured in the front. Most reps have the date code tabs too thin & narrow but Sandy's replica is slightly wider than the real ones. I would prefer the wider tabs to the narrow ones on a replica because I would not be able to deem this bag a fake just by looking at the tabs if it were not side by side to the real one. Most replicas I can tell it's fake by looking at the narrow mishapen tabs they usually come with. I am impressed that Sandy's replica also has the studs in the correct place, they are not too high or too low & are not set crooked like most replica Speedies. 



The handles & the stitching on the replica (the handle with the plastic still attatched) are perfect & on par with the authentic! Same size, same thickness, same color.....I had originally returned my authentic speedy to Louis Vuitton Online for an exchange because the1st one they sent me had one handle that was wrinkled so obviously bad that it was pulling the stitches & I thought the leather or stitches would pull apart easily with use. The handles on Sandy's rep are perfect & smooth throughout! Better than the authentic! 

The replica is in front in this picture. The stiching on the replica is on par with the authentic, there was not one crooked or loose stitch anywhere on the replica! I am so impressed with this regular quality Ebene canvas replica that I am going to buy a Trevi PM & possibly a Portobello GM from Sandy as well!  

I meant to post this pic at # 3 but I skipped over it accidentally so here it is at last...the comparrison of the zipper pulls again. The real is on the left & the replica is on the right. The zipper pull on the replica looks a little thinner in the picture due to the angle but I assure you it is almost wider than the authentic. As I said, if I seen this replica bag & didn't have the real one to compare it too I would bet it was 100% real! Sandy, you are awesome & I highly recommend you to everyone that is looking to buy a replica! Can't wait to order again!

24 comments:

  1. looks the same to mee lol... where did she get the replica bag from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fabulous ....nice replica bag ...good job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am selling my louis vuitton speedy 30 bandouliere damier ebene that was also purchase from the same seller Sandy from simplyAAA. The bag is never been used and I wanted to get the smaller one 25 instead since 30 is too big for my size. It is amazing quality as well. Email me at kimtroung07@gmail if intrested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am interested in buying it lilamills53@aol.com

      Delete
  4. I don't understand why buy a replica when you can just buy a different brand bag. The point of a luxury designer bag is that it is an investment. You can resale it and get at least half of your money back. Whereas if you buy a fake you get nothing not even durable quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have both authentic and replica bags in my collection and if the rare occasion comes where I am not using a rep bag and want to part with it, I have no problems rehoming it and getting back what I paid for it. As for quality, you'd be surprised as to how well some of these bags are made and I'm not talking about the obvious reps that you find on Canal Street or in LA's Garment District. It's all about who you know in this community and knowing who to get the really good quality bags from. You don't see people going to the Purse Forum or other authentic bag forums and blogs questioning how people can pay full price for authentic bags, so I find it rude and distastefully tacky that you would come here and post a comment like that...especially when you have zero knowledge or experience in dealing with reps. I would stick to what you do know (authentic bags) and leave the reps to us!

      Delete
    2. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have both authentic and replica bags in my collection and if the rare occasion comes where I am not using a rep bag and want to part with it, I have no problems rehoming it and getting back what I paid for it. As for quality, you'd be surprised as to how well some of these bags are made and I'm not talking about the obvious reps that you find on Canal Street or in LA's Garment District. It's all about who you know in this community and knowing who to get the really good quality bags from. You don't see people going to the Purse Forum or other authentic bag forums and blogs questioning how people can pay full price for authentic bags, so I find it rude and distastefully tacky that you would come here and post a comment like that...especially when you have zero knowledge or experience in dealing with reps. I would stick to what you do know (authentic bags) and leave the reps to us!

      Delete
    3. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have both authentic and replica bags in my collection and if the rare occasion comes where I am not using a rep bag and want to part with it, I have no problems rehoming it and getting back what I paid for it. As for quality, you'd be surprised as to how well some of these bags are made and I'm not talking about the obvious reps that you find on Canal Street or in LA's Garment District. It's all about who you know in this community and knowing who to get the really good quality bags from. You don't see people going to the Purse Forum or other authentic bag forums and blogs questioning how people can pay full price for authentic bags, so I find it rude and distastefully tacky that you would come here and post a comment like that...especially when you have zero knowledge or experience in dealing with reps. I would stick to what you do know (authentic bags) and leave the reps to us!

      Delete
    4. With all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about. I have both authentic and replica bags in my collection and if the rare occasion comes where I am not using a rep bag and want to part with it, I have no problems rehoming it and getting back what I paid for it. As for quality, you'd be surprised as to how well some of these bags are made and I'm not talking about the obvious reps that you find on Canal Street or in LA's Garment District. It's all about who you know in this community and knowing who to get the really good quality bags from. You don't see people going to the Purse Forum or other authentic bag forums and blogs questioning how people can pay full price for authentic bags, so I find it rude and distastefully tacky that you would come here and post a comment like that...especially when you have zero knowledge or experience in dealing with reps. I would stick to what you do know (authentic bags) and leave the reps to us! ;)

      Delete
    5. I agree with you. People who wears fake expensive purses, despise me.dont show it to me and try to look cute on it, because it's fake fake fake, and probably the carrier is fake too. Opps

      Delete
    6. Wow.You are wrong of course...and the travesty is that you probably don't even know it.

      As far as "fake" is concerned there are many people who carry authentic bags, not simply because they like them but because they buy into the false notion that an expensive item can give you a certain status in life. Take away the branding and the logo and it's just another bag and no one would want it - not even you. The corporations know this. They know they've hit pay dirt too. They spend enormous sums of money on marketing to ensure that they keep holding on to existing customers and luring in new ones. You are most likely in that category otherwise I cannot fathom why you would be on a replica bag site, among people you say "despise me." It would much better if you were to take some time and learn how to use proper grammar to convey your thoughts and to be honest, if you'd buy a replica bag you'd have lots of money left over to take some classes. "Opps" is not a word and if you are going to use the same three words in succession, a few commas are in order.

      I've seen women on youtube showing of their $5,000 purses and the walls of their homes are dirty or they have no furniture - or priorities. Somehow, these young women have been led to believe that being seen by others in a certain way is more important than taking care of their basic needs. But all this is besides the point. Looking "cute" is not about the price of the bag on your arm and you wouldn't be able to spot a good replica if it was right under your nose. Many people that carry authentic bags don't look "cute". Style is about more than price or have you not heard that it's not WHAT you wear it's HOW you wear it?

      Replica buyers don't go onto authentic sites telling everyone how foolish we think they are to spend enormous sums of money on a bag that it cost the corporation about $35 (or less) per piece to make while the corporation laughs all the way to the bank. There are many replica buyers who own authentic bags as well as many who don't.

      I can afford to buy an authentic purse. But I choose not to, at least over a certain price point. That's my choice. How others spend their money is THEIR choice. It doesn't make them any more fake than those who buy high priced items for superficial reasons.

      Delete
  5. I also mix replicas (not cheap fakes & there IS a difference) in with my authentics & have been complimented by both from SA's working in LV, CC ect. My family members (the ones that aren't "too good" for reps) know what time it is & have asked me where they can find reps of certain bags & always are thrilled to receive a AAA grade or better quality rep as a gift. The quality CAN be the same as the real bags, I have been surprised to learn this but it's true. I have saved a LOT of money that can go for more important things & have more options with reps. I'm sorry but those who cannot afford or don't want to spend the $$$$ on the authentic brands shouldn't have to be limited to "lesser" brands like Coach, MK & Dooney especially if there is a style that is not made by these. We all love & deserve to have luxury in our lives & luxury should mean class & QUALITY, NOT DOLLAR SIGNS & ostentatious attitudes. You can keep the snotty, judgmental attitudes, declining quality & annual price increases of the authentic brands while the reps keep getting BETTER! Shady people give the rep industry a bad rap but I deal with honest people & have seen the factories & artisans that hand make the bags & no they are not children or slaves. You can't believe all the lies you read on TPF. I highly recommend you read the book "How luxury lost it's Luster" instead. The hateful women on TPF are just mad that they unknowingly complimented a friend or co-workers beautiful (replica) bag that only cost a tenth of the price & it's funny how they claim to spot a fake a mile away (then why the need for all the "Authenticate this _____" threads?) yet they still don't know their stuff like dedicated rep enthusiast who know all the details of the bags they buy because they study up to get the best rep & save thousands. :-P I, personally, will never understand how women can be ALL for fake nails, fake haircolor, weaves, wigs, makeup, plastic surgery, fake bling ect but are all of a sudden too good for a fake purse.....that's right at the end of the day it's just a PURSE! I have better things to do with my time than to sit & judge others based on whether or not they buy real or replica material things, that's not what is important in life at the end of the day. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, some of the "Real Housewives" stars have admitted to owning fake diamonds & fake Birkins. They are not the only celebrities that do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. does the real lv cloth tag and key doesnt have the word made in france? mine from 2008 and it does have the word. everything is completely the same except that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    Can you give me the link that redirects me to the site where you bought this bag replica ?? (I can not find the site "9starbag").

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    Can you give me the link that redirects me to the site where you bought this bag replica ?? (I can not find the site "9starbag").

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Could anyone with a authentic damier speedy 30 let me know if the piping is rounded or flat??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sufaye, did anyone get back to you? I was wondering if you kew the site? thanks,

      Delete
  11. Hello there, can you please send me the website where this replica come from?

    ReplyDelete
  12. can you email me the site where you purchased? TiffanyMaurice94@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there could you please send me the name of the site where you purchased this bag from. It's a great copy. I have a couple of real LV but it's great to have a couple of good repliceas too
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could you please send me the name of where you bought this replica from? It's a great replica
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an amazing replica of the LV Bandoulière 30 in Damier Ebene and Monogram. It's never been used. Just want a smaller version of it. If you want it email me at jenohwello@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete