Saturday, August 3, 2013

How to Speed Up the Patina Process for Vachetta

Here is a great video by Maja with a tip on how to speed up the patina process for your Replica Louis Vuitton Vachetta.

I thought I had posted this before but could not seem to find it so I must have accidentally deleted it. Anyway, here it is again!




Also here is a link to the Home Depot Marker that you can use to color over the bright red glue to change it to a dark red similar to the Authentic.

A lot of our members have used this trick successfully so if the red glue is the only giveaway don't get rid of your bag just yet! Give this trick a try and you might end up loving it instead :).

Here is a direct link to the Home Depot site. The next to darkest brown works great!

 http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rejuvenate-Wood-Furniture-and-Floor-Repair-Markers-RJ6WM/202676224#.Uf2-QRbD-6J

And another ne from Amazon - Get the Mahogany!

http://www.amazon.com/Minwax-63484-Finish-Interior-Mahogany/dp/B000BQN8FM/ref=pd_sim_hi_2

8 comments:

  1. ahh, the video only says how to get the patina, how to get the red glue in handle less shiny? coz in my authentic the red part is like dark not shiny its kinda dry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sorry Susie, I didn't even look at the video and you're right I posted the wrong one! I just changed the title and description to match the video and will come back and add the other video for the red glue when I get a moment to look for it :).

      I did post a link to the marker above though. You only need to buy the marker and color it in so it's quite simple really.

      Delete
  2. hi sarah, do you need an extra steady hands to do the marker?? lol im so scared to do it
    does different authentic bags have different kinds of glue? i notice its orangey brown in the new LV bags lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viv, I think you are fine lol. Don't worry! The glue are on the sides so there's really no way you can accidentally color the vachetta parts if you are positioning the marker at an angle straight on with the red part only.

      And YES, authentic bags do have inconsistencies in color of the glue as well as the canvas though I haven't seen any that are a bright red.

      Delete
  3. Great video from Maja!
    It was very helpful. I'm going to be all set when my first replica comes!
    I've actually used the olive oil to do quick patina on my authentics as well. And I saw on the forum that someone used some leather lotion called Apple (Brand)leather conditioner for Patina. That person liked it better than the oliveoil so I'm going to order one off Amazon.com to try. I tried to post a link to the Apple Leather Conditioner but couldn't get it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JimT, I am going to google for it. I am sure it is easy to find. I just can't bring myself to do the olive oil thing. I can't even say why either.

      Delete
  4. I actually have that marker kit in my cleaning/utility closet! I wish there was a way to mellow the bright yellow LV replica thread color. I wondered if all that sunlight required to patina the leather would also work to lighten the bright yellow of the thread? I usually burn loose threads but I like her super glue technique much much better, and I will use it from now on. Thank you for posting this! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I was trying to find a video to help me with putting the marker on the strap of my LV Eva Clutch. Once I put the maker along the strap do I wipe it off or leave it on there. I put a little on the strap and its really dark. Please Help!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete