Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sending Reviews, Pictures or Posting Comments

Hi Guys & Gals, I hope you are all having a fabulous week so far. Friday is only 2 days away, yaaay :).

Anyway, I wanted to make a quick post about those of you who are sending in reviews or posting comments on my blog. Please give it some thought before sending me your pictures or posting comments if you think there is a possibility you might later regret doing so for whatever reasons

I have had several people request their reviews and comments be removed without any explanation. And while I respect your wishes not to share, it is a lot of work for me to go through so many pages to find your specific review/pictures and/or comments.

Deleting the entire post is easy if you provide me with  direct links however deleting the pictures from the album is another story. I have 1,000s of pictures on my blog and they are all put into several album automatically when I post. I have no way of knowing which album it was put into and each album contains a ton of images. I would literally have to go  through them one at a time to find where they are and delete them permanently. Sorry but this is very time consuming and time isn't something I have a lot of lately.

If you submitted pictures or reviews which I have posted and later changed your mind please send me the link to the actual page and I will delete the entire post but the pictures will have to remain in the blog album because I simply do not have the time to spend hours trying to find which album they were posted to and where they are in that album. I think there are at least 5 albums and I have no idea how many pictures are in each one but I am fairly certain there are over 1,000 each and they are not organized in any way. When an album is at the maximum number of pictures the blog automatically creates a new album so you can imagine how crazy it would be to try and find a specific picture or even set of pictures. But the good thing is that once a post is removed no one is going to see the pictures associated with that post unless they were to go directly to the album and look through all the pictures.

For comments posted, the author does have the option to delete them themselves but I am not sure how long this option is available. If you are unable to delete them just send me the link to the page and I'll do it for you but please be considerate of my time. I work long hours during the week so I may not be able to do anything until the weekend.

Also, if you ask me to delete reviews, pictures and/or comments I don't mind doing it but a) you have to send me the links where it is because I'm not going to go looking for them and b) I'm only going to do it once. This means that I will not accept any future submissions from you for reviews, trades or anything else and any comments you try to post will be deleted without notice. I don't have time to do a bunch of unnecessary work just because some people can't make up their minds on what they want.

The first person who asked me to do this asked that I remove all his reviews, pictures and comments. I spent over an hour looking for all his comments on the various pages and where his reviews were posted. That was a lot of work and I certainly did not enjoy doing it but out of respect for his wishes I took time to do it anyway. That happened a few months ago when my blog was fairly new so there wasn't as many pages or pictures and comments to sort through. As of today there are 1,000s of comments and 1,000s of pictures so if you need something removed you're going to have to send me the link because I'm not spending hours trying to find them for you.

About a month later this same person emails me with more reviews he wanted me to post and I noticed he's publishing comments as well on various pages.......what the hell?!  I spent over an hour removing all his comments, pictures and reviews at his request than out of nowhere he decides he wants to start posting again??? And I guess because I removed it the first time he figures if he changes his mind again I'll remove it the 2nd time around too right? I don't think so!!!

Needless to say I did not post what he submitted and have deleted all his comments.  I don't know what the deal is with him but apparently he's some sort of drama queen as I've had complaints from other readers and forum members about this person. I don't have time to jump through hoops and play stupid games. If you want to be anonymous that's fine and perfectly understandable but please don't expect me to take time out of my busy day to do unnecessary work because you can't make up your mind.

I am always considerate of other people's time so please be considerate of mine. I work a lot and only have a limited time to spend on my blog and I'd rather use that time posting new reviews not spending hours digging up old ones because the owner suddenly grew paranoid or whatever their reason.

On the other hand some of the reviews were taken directly from the forum. I consider the forum an extension of the blog and vice versa so I will occasionally take reviews from there to post here and share what I posted here there as well.

If you are one of the person's whose review was initially posted on the forum and you do not want it shared outside of the forum just let me know and I'll be happy to remove it and make a note to myself not to include any of your reviews here in the future.

I consider myself very easy going but I hate it when people are inconsiderate and take it for granted that I will just run around and do their bidding like I have nothing better to do.

If there was a logical reason for the sudden change of mind to secrecy I could understand but as no explanation was given I am left to ponder how removing pictures of your purses have all of a sudden become URGENT as if someone's life depended on it. But whatever.

Sorry for the rant but I hope you understand my reason for it and thanks for taking the time to read!

XoXo,


Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Some people! It's time to burst their little self absorbed bubble they're in. Rant away Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People need to realize that they have the free will not to comment or post any reviews or photos...so if I was them they should really think twice before doing anything. Everyone has a life out side the blog and you have made it clear Sarah time on time again that you work full time and blogging/forum is your hobby. Not happy in your behalf Sarah for the lack of consideration some people have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi and LViridiana for being so supportive and understanding!

      Delete