Friday, May 24, 2013

Black Balenciaga City Giant 21 with GRGH from NBF

A new reader recently found my blog while searching for reviews of NBF (New Bags Factory) whom she read about on the Purse Forum of all places lol. For those of you who do not know TPF (the Purse Forum) is a forum that is dedicated to Authentic Bags and Accessories.

Anyway, her name is Anna and she stumbled across my blog and was able to find some reviews of the Balenciaga bags from NBF and was impressed enough that she bought her own. She sent me an email a few days ago with a link to her review of her bag. Now isn't she just a sweetheart :).

Her review can be seen by going to this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d7viaLNrL6fCp5qoUep7XIFGue43qnoXdV2jx6SIteA/edit

But I'll also post it here as well.

****************************************************************

Anna's Review:
 
Seller: New Bag Factory (NBF)
 
Purchase Date:  Sunday, April 14, 2013
 
Ship Date:  Friday, May 10, 2013
 
Arrival Date:  Monday, May 20, 2013
 
Total time till arrival: 36 days
 
 
Review:
 
Overall I like the bag a lot. This is my first City. I own an authentic 2006 Black Balenciaga First with Regular Hardware (Pewter). I can't give you an accurate comparison since I don't own a City and the leather from my First is made of a different kind of leather than the current ones. But I'm fairly impressed with this one I received and I would order more in the future.

How was the packaging? It was wrapped in 2 layers of plastic + tape and 2 layers of tissue paper. It came with a blank dust bag inside the bag. If you want a dust bag that says Balenciaga on the front, it would cost an additional $6. They packaged the mirror decently well to ensure it wouldn't break in transport.

Some discrepancies I've found with this City is that the bottom seems to made of a different kind of leather? It's way smoother than the rest of the bag's leather. Also one of the zipper's underside, where they have the stamp, is very messed up. All the zippers are very stiff and hard to zip back up. They open fine, but closing can be troublesome. These 3 factors I consider to be dead giveaways of it being a replica.

Bag Dimensions: 14.5" x 10" x 5.5" [Authentic Dimensions: 15" x 9.5" x 5.5"]

NOTE: You can click on the pictures to enlarge and see more detail.









Looks like a different kind of leather was used to make the bottom.





This is from the First (Authentic)


These two are from the City and one is definitely more unattractive than the other.





 
 
Hope this helps you in deciding if NBF is for you. Cheers!
 
****************************************************************
 
Anna, your bag looks beautiful despite the flaws you mentioned. The leather looks so soft and smooshy, I LOVE IT!!! And I think the size is so close that it would be nearly impossible for anyone to note the slight 1/2" differences unless you had it next to the authentic one. The only thing that "slightly" bothers me about your bag is the bottom leather piece. It is definitely made of a different type of leather.
 
My NBF bag I bought from Maja (a reader who turned forum creator lol) had a different leather for the long strap. 
 
With replicas, they do not waste any material so every piece of scrap leather, fabric and hardware are put to use even if it means imperfection/inconsistencies. But overall you have a GORGEOUS BAG so enjoy it honey and Thank You for sharing your review!
 
P.S.
36 days is a long time to wait but I've heard this is not unusual with NBF since they custom make the bags on most orders. They keep a very limited inventory so most orders are custom made. I've heard of buyers waiting up to 45 days. I don't think I will be buying direct from them for that reason. Besides I already have 9 Bals so I think I'm good for awhile :).


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.
    Keep on continuing with this.
    Balenciaga Bags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you find it helpful :).

      Delete
  2. I could not figure out how to order from the New Bag Factory. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.
    Keep on continuing with this.
    Balenciaga Bags







    ReplyDelete