Friday, March 15, 2013

Replica Louis Vuitton Key or Bag Charm from Joy

This is a review of my Replica Louis Vuitton Key Chain or Bag Charm that I bought from Joy of FabAAA over a year ago. I think I paid $16 for it plus shipping. If purchased alone I think shipping would have been $22 or $26 so it's not worth it to buy just the charm. I bought it with several bags so it was like $5 on top of the shipping for the bags.

I don't know if this charm actually exists. I have never researched it but it is just a charm so it's not a big deal to me if it exists or not. I will say that it is absolutely beautiful and was surprisingly heavy! It feels solid and substantial and the gold color matches perfectly to the gold hardware of my authentic bags.

When I got this charm I put it away in my jewelry box and completely forgot all about it until last week so I've had it for over a year and never used it.

Well the very first time I tried to attach it to my bag one of the charm broke! I have to admit I got frustrated trying to open the ring to attach because the other clasp was too small so I may have been a little too rough on it but still I didn't expect it to be that fragile. Fortunately it was just that one piece and it still looks good without the damaged piece.

I have removed and thrown it away so the photographs below are shown without the broken piece.  The last picture shows the same charm in red from the Joy's website so you can compare and see what piece is missing from my charm.

***************************************************************************








The charm arrived in a little Louis Vuitton Box and a dust bag.



Even with the missing piece the charm still looks beautiful though I have a feeling I'll never use it.
 
I'd rate this piece a 9 based on appearance, quality and workmanship but I can't tell you whether it is a good replica or not because I've never seen the authentic and have not tried to research it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!

    Love your blog! I just received this charm in red from Joy. I was glad I read your comments first about breaking the claspI knew to be a little careful--I didn't know how to open it, so I searched on You Tube. This IS an authentic LV charm design--I just saw one on eBay, preloved, with a starting bid of $499. I LOVE this bag charm! Red is my favorite color, and I think it gives a great pop of color to my (replica) Monogram Neverfull GM.

    ReplyDelete