Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Replica Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Agenda

4/17/13 UPDATE: A couple members of the Rep Lovers United Forum was interested in this item and one of them requested a video so I created one tonight which you can see below.





********************************************************************************

This is a review of my Replica Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Small Ring Agenda from FabAAA. I purchased this item last year on September 20th. I paid $48 plus $44 shipping. Shipping was high because I had purchased 4 other small items in addition to this. By itself I think shipping would have been around $26.

The agenda looks exactly as pictured on the FabAAA website. It is adorable! Unfortunately I have had no reason to use it so it has been sitting in a drawer from the day I received it. My iPad has an app that allows me to do the same thing without having to write it down so it just didn't make sense for me to use it. It was just so cute I couldn't resist buying it so it was definitely one of those impulsive buys which I seem to have a lot of :).

Please NOTE: I have never seen the authentic version of this item and have never bothered to research it either so I can't tell you how it compares to the original. I am basing my review below only on the quality of the material and workmanship.

********************************************************************************
 
It arrived in it's own box that looks just like the boxes that comes with authentic LV accessories.
 

The agenda also comes with the typical LV dust bag.


I have not see this item in person but I have seen a few pictures on eBay and from what I remember it looks the same. However, I can't be sure the listing on eBay is authentic.


The graphics on the canvas is beautiful and very detailed! The yellowed lettering is intentional giving it a lovely vintage look. And the stitching appears even all around.


The back side has the typical Damier Ebene Print. The colors of the canvas are almost a perfect match to my authentic bag. However, I recently learned that authentic Damier Ebene prints are NOT consistent. Maja and Kim (aka PurseLover23) who are readers and also Forum Creators of the Rep Lovers United Forum went to the LV store recently and took pictures of 3 different Damier Ebene bags side by side and discovered they vary slightly in color.


This item was purchased on September of 2012 so it contains only 2012 pages. Upon receipt I immediately removed January through September and kept only November and December. This is a common sized agenda so you can buy the pages for really cheap at places any office supply store (i.e. Office Depot, Staples etc.).




The canvas is nice and thick and the graphics are a work of art :). I LOVE it!!!
 
 


The snap buttons works beautifully! It closes with a resounding snap and will not open unless you pull it apart. These buttons are very strong, almost too strong LOL. Usually with replicas the buttons and magnetic snaps are so weak they either don't stay closed or don't close at all.


This agenda contains 6 gold rings and herein lies my one and only complaint. On a typical agenda you open the rings by pushing down the end tabs and pulling up to close. Unfortunately it doesn't work on this agenda. I don't know what they did wrong but I have to pull the rings itself to open and push it together to close. Not a big deal but definitely not how it's supposed to work.


The interior is a dark red almost a maroon color and the hardware (i.e. rings and buttons) are a bright goldtone.
 

There are 3 credit card or business card slots on the left with a hidden compartment behind it.


The gold heat stamp appears to be perfectly aligned and the lettering is nice and crisp.


There is the hidden compartment behind the card slots.



The engraving on the buttons have a registered symbol which I have never seen on any of my authentic bags so I'm not sure if this is special for the agenda or if it was done incorrectly.


Other than the issue with the rings that I mentioned above I can't find anything wrong with it. I think it is a very well made item and representative of the quality of a true Louis Vuitton product. I would rate this item a 8.5 on a scale of 1 - 10. If the clamps at the end of the rings worked properly I would have rated it a 9.5.

And keep in mind that my rating is based purely on the quality of the material and workmanship. I have not seen the original version so I do not know how well it compares to the authentic.

I don't think I will ever use this agenda. I just see no reason since my iPad does the same thing without having to manually write things down. So it is being offered for Trade/Barter. If you are interested please contact me directly to discuss a suitable trade of comparable value.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Your new background is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Glad to see you're still around :).

      Delete
  2. Love the new layout of the blog, we miss you around the forum though so come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim and I know I haven't been around. I've just been so busy but I will be droping by over the weekends to help with adding the reviews :D.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats the best way to contact you on this agenda?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Rachel, sorry for the delayed response. This agenda has already found a new home but I'm sure there will be others along. Also don't forget to check the forum.

      Delete
  5. Hello! I know this post is old but I was wondering if you could share Joy's site with us, I am interested in this agenda. Thank you~

    ReplyDelete