Thursday, February 14, 2013

Authentic Gold Python Jimmy Choo Tulita Bag

This is an Authentic Jimmy Choo Tulita Bag made with genuine Gold Python Snakeskin. This bag retailed for $3,500. I purchased almost 2 years ago and never got around to using it. It was much too glitzy and glamorous to be an everyday bag and I just haven't had any formal events to go to. This was one of my favorite bag but after sitting in my closet for almost 2 years I knew it was unlikely that I will ever find anywhere special enough to to wear it to. It took me 3 weeks of debating before I finally admitted to myself that I will probably never use it. And even after I sold it I almost wanted to go get it back, that's how much I loved this bag.

So sometime in December I sold it to a local consignment shop here in Atlanta for only $500.....tears and sniffles :(. Since the goal of a consignment shop is to resell and make a profit I did not get my money's worth. I could have gotten more if I had consigned instead of selling outright but I didn't have the patience and preferred getting paid up front. Also I have discovered that brands like Jimmy Choo, Dolce & Gabanna, Chloe, Versace & Marc Jacobs just to name a few does not hold it's value like Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton and Balenciaga. That is why you can find pre-owned bags deeply discounted. I am facing the same issue with my Dolce & Gabanna Miss Pocket bag. The consignment store offered me too low of a price so I am going to see if I can try to sell it on my own before turning to them on that particular bag. And from here on out no more fancy bags for me unless it is one that can be worn to work as well.

The pictures below were what I provided to the consignment shop prior to meeting with them. I did not take detailed pictures as they were only meant to show the style of the bag and what it features. It was in MINT/Like New Condition so there were no signs of wear to point out or photograph. Gosh just looking at these pictures makes me want to go out and get another one ***sigh***.






No comments:

Post a Comment